Saturday, May 19, 2007

I Haven't Gone Crazy or Given Birth Yet

I wonder if I could record the following voicemail:

"Hi, you've reached the voicemail of NML and the boyf. We are home at the moment, but we're just refusing to answer the phone because of non-stop calls. No we haven't had the bambino yet, and of course we would have told you if we had. Yes, we will let you know if there are any developments and in answer to the question 'Any signs yet?', NML has been having pre-labour pains for 3 weeks - The bambino will show up when she's ready! Thank you for your call"

But alas...that wouldn't be very nice of me now would it?

My due date was yesterday - There were so many calls, texts, emails and posts on Facebook, and I almost fel guilty for not being like 5% of women who actually deliver on their due date, instead of like the 80% of women who deliver after it....

I can't make a phonecall without the person answering in a panic and if this bambino chooses to hold out till the bitter end, I probably will be climbing walls by then...

And like some sort of f*cked up clash of the two biggest events of our lives, the boyf and I exchanged on our house yesterday. Despite thinking we would have moved at least a month ago, we exhanged on the baby's due date and we're moving on the 29th. Yes, it would be stating the obvious to say that we don't do things by halves....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations on the house. A new home to start your new family!

Waiting for anything that you really want is always the most exciting yet infuriating part. It will all happen when it's meant to happen so chill and save your strength. We're in no rush m'dear, just trying to let you know we're all thinking of you ;-) x

Vixen said...

Oh my word...are you serious? YOU are still preggers? Good luck sweetie, and hopefully and bambino will pop out soon.