Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Flying Visit

It's been an oddly hectic few days. I've been caught up with sorting out stuff on my other blogs which has involved trying to sort out a technical problem with my mushy pregnancy brain...oh joy and the rest of the time has involved a lot of concern that I may be exhibiting some early signs of labour. Lots of lower abdominal and back pain along with Braxton Hicks (false contractions) is enough to have me clutching myself. We even had to go up to the hospital on Sunday evening as they wanted to check me to be on the safe side. I actually saw the obstaetrician on Friday who said that he's be surprised if the baby ended up being late because I am having signs that labour is imminent. Imminent is not the best word to use with pregnancy as the bambino could end up turning up in a few weeks still if she feels like it.

As a result of all of this carry-on, I get a lot of phonecalls from the boyf and my family checking up on me plus emails and now I want to hide away! Ah, not really, but I've been patient for over 37 weeks but it's wearing thin and so is calling people and having them be silent with bated breath because they think I'm in labour!

Right I'm off to bed before the boyf comes looking for me! I'm not sleeping that well so it is beddy byes for moi!

2 comments:

Delboys Daughter said...

Ah i used to get a ton of Braxton Hicks. And was in 'false labour' a few times.
In and out of hossie towards the end. It's normal don't worry.
Part of doing it the first time round.

Stephen A. Bess said...

I pray you're doing well, NML. Take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Peace~