Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Waiting Game - Rant alert

Nobody tells you just how tedious it can be, waiting to go into labour. I'm not literally sitting around waiting to pop, but I am now at that stage where I'm bored of having pre-labour/early labour pains and just want to get the show on the road. Every day I'm reading about people giving birth and I'm thinking "When I'm f'ng going to give birth?!" Yes, I am starting to feel impatient.

It's my own fault for listening to all and sundry comment on how me being the size I am, there was no way I'd make it to 40 weeks. "Oooh, you'll definitely go early!";"Your bump has dropped. I reckon it's any day now."; "Look at the freakin size of your bump and how tiny you are!";"Your uterus is very stretched. I'd be surprised if you didn't go into labour soon.";"I'll book your 41 week appointment but I'd be surprised if you actually make it in for that appointment."

Well prepare to be surpised mofos! Ugh, I am being such a cranky bitch and I should be lapping up what free time I have left (yes I know my days are numbered) but I've been off work for almost 6 weeks and it's starting to feel like I'm going round the twist. It takes effort to drag myself into central London, and when I get there I enjoy myself, but I'm exhausted quite quickly, I take phonecalls checking on my whereabouts and whether my waters have broken, and I spend a lot of my time looking for toilets.

I woke up from a dream where I was in labour with jacked up hair on Thursday and the fear of looking like someone who'd been plugged straight into an electrical socket in my first photos with the baby filled me with panic. So I dragged myself into central London yesterday to get my hair done. I know it's vain but I don't do jacked up and the fact that you get bombarded with visitors once the bambino arrives is all the more reason to ensure I look half way presentable.

One of the girls from antenatal class that I was supposed to meet with for our Wednesday coffee, went into labour that morning and gave birth 4 hours later. The other girls and I are in awe of her quick labour. She was due two days before me so she gave birth a week early. We had similar pregnancies as we'd been bitching about our pains for the last few weeks, so of course I wondered if that meant that I should brace myself for the onslaught of labour...clearly not!

I had contractions for two hours and then another hour and a half session on Thursday. Then nothing. They were about 15 mins apart and at one point went down to seven, and then five. Then frickin NOTHING!

As for moving...it's not happening this week. Let's just say that it is very soon now...like potentially three days after my due date! Or ten days after! Merciful hour! To be honest, I'm beyond caring. What will be will be. Who knows when the bambino is going to arrive? The house situation isn't ideal but it's the cards we've been dealt. We've done everything possible to make things move quicker and being in a chain has just made everything go slower. Much like the onset of labour....

OK, I'm going to stop bitching now....

5 comments:

Emily said...

it all sounds very frustrating, especially trying to move house at the same time as waiting for the bambino to arrive!! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for the bambino to finally be here and for everything to be sorted out on the house-front too. you won't need it, but good luck!

xx

RandomlySane said...

Wow...sounds like you had a helluva Mother's Day! But good luck and congrats anyway - once your baby arrives you'll totally realize that it was all worth it...

Pregnant Bloke said...

Excellent reading; good grief. Good luck. pregnantbloke x

Anonymous said...

I know exactly waht you were going through, as i'm going through it now myself.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha sorry got to laugh coz other than the fact that I am in South Africa I have the exact same situation.. Calls every day about "is he here yet" like I forgot to get him from somewhere.. And living out a boxes coz we were supposed to have moved 3 weeks ago, now I have a camp cot up and a head full of ideas about what the nursery should look like.. Been in bed for 2 days coz getting dressed is to tiring, clothes uncomfortable and besides the weather is bad.. So yes totally see were your coming from.. and hope it all goes well..