Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Contented Little Baby Panic

I put off ordering The New Contented Little Baby Book for as long as possible, but what with there being less than 9 weeks to go now, I figured it was safe. I'm sh*tting a break because within 2 pages I realised that 1) we have so much to do 2) we haven't done very much and 3) we are still so frickin clueless!

I am going to sit down and write my own list and prioritise things and set targets. I really don't want it all to pile up on me for my maternity leave and there is always that fear of the bambino arriving early. It seems like we need lists to organise our lives at the moment because between work, selling the flat, buying the house, the bambino and all the life that happens in between, we have a hell of a lot of stuff to do. I know that we'll do it but I don't want us to go into a meltdown afterwards. Jaysus, I haven't even done the stuff for the babyshower that his mum asked me for...

This can't be like the lists that I create that never get looked at though....

I did find a site called Kaboodle.com that lets me create my own baby registry...I just need to find the time to decide what to put on it...Feck...nothing is straightforward...

Oh and we've changed our hospital so I have to go for more appointments...

And the hospital didn't include my summary sheet in my notes which strangely enough is the piece of paper that mentions that I have sarcoidosis. Whilst it's not active, apparently I need to be accessed and plan of care be determined by a consultant...

And I still have to finish reading The New Contented Little Baby Book. I have read the reviews which are mixed because it's all about routines and let's be fair now, most adults can't cope with rigid routines so it must be difficult for them to enforce it on babies, but I also know people who swear by the book, so I'll have to draw my own conclusions.

Now, I'm off to think about what sofa we want for the new house...Oh and the TV here at the flat has decided that its sound should go bust so we'll be getting a new TV sooner than planned...And the bambino is kicking more than ever at the moment. All sorts of body parts have taken to protuding out at strange times and she seems to lift herself up and down as if she's doing press-ups in there. I have my work cut out for me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! Be excited and buy a planner specificlly for the pregnancy! it worked for my mum, and now we can look over it whenever we want it has pictures as well. it might be good for you. x Rachel x

Vixen said...

So much to do...so little time. Don't worry, the 'Nesting' Stage will kick in soon and then you will be working on everything naturally.

Anonymous said...

contented baby book - she scared the shit out of me and did you know she has never had kids!! take it with a pinch of salt