Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Last Stretch

I'm 30 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I have been dreaming about going into labour early for the past few nights. I don't ever get to the point where I even start to have contractions but I wake up feeling panicked about five times a night. If I have palpitations dreaming about the thought of it, God help me if the dream moves on a bit with actual contractions!

Tomorrow, I have decided, will be the day I put together my What to Do in an Emergency list for my crackerjack colleagues. If I leave it in the hands of the God's, I could be having vulture boy, Barry from Eastenders (my boss), and MSlash getting hot water from the tea machine and using the jackets and coats for 'towels'. They would keel over if my waters broke or anything untoward happened. Bless 'em!

Because the boyf sometimes goes abroad for a few days with work, I want to ensure that there is a smooth system for what is to happen if I need to go to hospital as when I had the severe reaction to my Wagamama's salad in January and ended up in hospital, it was like a bad comedy trying to let my family know. Wouldn't you know that the one day that the boyf goes away after almost two months and I end up throwing up repeatedly and collapsing, my mother's mobile is broken, the bro was in Canada, the boyf's mum was in Africa, and lil bro was being a typical 17 year old and screening his calls. The list will have a plan a, b and c, and no doubt it'll get f*cked up....

I am soooo tired at the moment that I think about going to sleep from about an hour after I woke up. This makes for a veeery long day. The bambino is kicking like there is no tomorrow because of the reduced space she has due to the size she is at this stage of the pregnancy. This means that she has taken to manoeuvring what feels like elbows or her feet and ramming them hard against my tummy so that they poke out like funny little bumps. I give her little rubs which then seems to set her off into lots of wriggles. She's a funny little thing!

Someone asked if we are all set for the bambino's arrival. Set? The only thing that the baby has is a pair of Havana sandles which a friend brought for her in Brazil. We've 'chosen' the pushchair, pram and car seat and that's it. Jaysus we have a lot to do.....

3 comments:

wyn said...

Hi NML, I love this new blog and will read (thank you RSS feeds) though I might not contribute much to this really different world you've entered! =D Are those supposed to be angel wings? Clouds? They remind me of chew toys for dogs. Which reminded me of quite obscene s*x toys when I first saw those dog toys.... =P

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow, I have decided, will be the day I put together my What to Do in an Emergency list for my crackerjack colleagues. If I leave it in the hands of the God's, I could be having vulture boy, Barry from Eastenders (my boss), and MSlash getting hot water from the tea machine and using the jackets and coats for 'towels'.

Or Barry will call in Mslash to an internal meeting to discuss the best approach...

I'm sure you'll be fine, but don't worry if Bambina tries to say hello to the PTG group. You know I'll always do my best to help if you need me

NML said...

Wyn - They were supposed to be bumps! I just looked at them though and realised they look like butt plugs....
Annie - You're so right! It's like payback for throwing my ma's jewellery down the toilet and not letting her sleep!
Carrie - Jaysus I nearly wet myself laughing at that comment. He'd probably ask ME to come into an internal meeting whilst I was lying on the floor helpless! I feel safer knowing I have you there :-)