Friday, March 09, 2007

False Braxton Hicks and Finally Buying Baby Clothes

I'm starting to wonder who's pregnant here as the boyf falls asleep on the sofa far more often than I do. It's as if his body has said to him that he needs to get his sleep now, whilst he still can...

I've been having lots of weird twinges, which of course had me paranoid that I was experiencing Braxton Hicks (vague labour type thing, but not real labour) but I think the bambino just looks likes to jump up and down in my va-jay-jay and has extended her abilities to being able to kick or punch me in my left side...

Yesterday, I finally did it. I brought some baby clothes and I can't believe how small they are! I'm trying to order more stuff on Gap.com at the moment through a US delivery service Borderlinx, which enables UK residents to order from American sites that don't deliver overseas. The exchange rate is so good, it's be too good to miss. In the meantime though, I got some neutral stuff as our paranoia about the margin of error when it comes to girls means that we've decided to get neutral stuff for now....

The boyf has just woken up on the couch and I called him 'sleepy head'. He let male pride rear its head and announced that he was never going to sleep again. That's quite a promise! Unfortunately he's just dozed off again as I heard a distinct snore...

If one more person asks me if I'm afraid about the labour, I will frigging scream. The joys of being pregnant mean that despite the fact that you're cacking yourself about pushing something the size of a basketball out of something that normally fits penises in it, is overriden by the acceptance that it has to happen and obviously you want to see your baby.

8 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

*smile*
This a wonderful time for parents. It's a beautiful thing. I see that you are very excited and making preparations. I'm excited with you. Enjoy your weekend. Peace~

wyn said...

Yay for neutral colours! I love green (as you might know) and that salmon is just so much nicer than either *baby pink* or *baby blue*. Yech. =P

Anonymous said...

My last baby was pronounced a girl at weekly scans right up until the week before HE was born. One technician even went so far as to say "If this baby's a boy, some woman's gonna be mighty disappointed one day!" Neutral colors are good...lol.

Anonymous said...

Sticking with neutral at first is the best bet. Unless maybe you buy pink and then if it's a boy then you could be one of those ironic post-modern mothers...

The boyf has just woken up on the couch and I called him 'sleepy head'. He let male pride rear its head and announced that he was never going to sleep again. That's quite a promise!

Post-coital at the weekend, my other half promised me whatever I wanted. Even when I said I needed a new mobile after this one is playing up. I think I'll be holding him to that! Men!

Anonymous said...

ohh! i'm so excited for you!!! i love the thought of someday having a baby and moving into a lovely house with the man of my dreams and all that! you are so lucky!!!

dont laugh at me i'm only 17!

xxxx Rachel xxxx

Anonymous said...

Have a few that are 'shit-brown' they last a bit longer by concealing the real buggers of the poo stains.

Vests are works of the devil.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Saw you were using Borderlinx... you may want to check out http://www.bongous.com much cheaper.

Hope the dollar keeps falling.

Anonymous said...

I have a good friend who runs a cute little baby boutique store out of Gardnerville, NV (right by Lake Tahoe). If your looking for a place to buy baby clothes online check them out and feel free to call or email Judy if you have any questions. She is awesome!! Good luck with the baby.