Monday, April 16, 2007

I'm getting used to being at home now after almost 2 weeks of being signed off by the doc. I thought that I would escape being pregnant in the summer heat but there's been a bit of a heat wave for the past few days and I've been driving the boyf demented as I struggle with feeling clammy, lumpy, hot, bothered and incapable of keeping still in the bed. He gets to escape it for a few days now as he is going to Israel tonight for work until Thurs/Fri. Before he left, he pulled the cover back and warned the bambino that she wasn't to get any ideas about trying to turn up whilst he's away. This is the first time he's had to go away for a while so he is suffering from early labour fear. I phoned him at work earlier and I thought he was being off with me. I asked him if something was wrong and he told me he had thought I was calling to say I was in labour.... I realise that I will have to put up with this from all and sundry till the baby arrives.

I brought an electric breast pump on Saturday for 85 fecking squids (English pounds for anyone not in the know)! Jaysus! It's an AVENT Isis iQ uno breast pump. My mum was horrified when I told her (I hadn't even told her what it cost...) and started waffling about breast feeding back in her day. "If I have to remind you yet again that this is not frigging 1977, I won't be responsible for what I do!" I warned. I have spoken to enough people to know that breast feeding is not the piece of piss that our mothers make it out to be and that manual pumps have stressed my friends out even more, causing many of them to give up on breastfeeding. On top of this, I want the boyf to be part of the feeding process so that he can at least give the bambino one bottle each day. My mum doesn't get that either...

Have I mentioned that I live in fear of what it will be like when the baby arrives and I have to court opinion on my mothering skills? Bad enough now where every decision I make has to be questioned the arse out of! Mothers...jaysus and I'm going to be one myself soon...

The baby shower is this Sunday and no doubt some sort of controversy will unfold with that too. Fortunately I still have a good sense of humour and an ability to tune out when necessary.... I'm being asked about decorations and food and I keep giving vague answers. I thought this was already organised! I'm going to end up like a toddler lying on the floor screaming my head off and refusing to move at this rate....

The house move has progressed about a quarter of an inch since I last updated this blog... Seemingly we will very likely be moving two weeks before the bambino is due. I'm vowing not to move again but obviously I'm talking out of my arse....

3 comments:

Nerual said...

Hehehe oh dear...but you just know if you baby is anything like you it's gonna cause a scene on the big day.

Can't wait to hear all about it when the baby is here and you have settled ito a routine. Take care, take things easy and enjoy it all!!!

xxx

Anonymous said...

yes i think we're all excited about the bambinos big day!!! take care! and remember that you can pull the "i'm pregnant don't mess with me!" line whenever some one tries to squeeze answer's out of you! step mum done it all the time. we were afraid to go near her!

NML said...

Ametyl - You know that something ridiculous yet entertaining will have to happen for this birth. Pray for me ;-)
JALG - Hehe! You're right. I must take a firmer reign with them! I think I'll go crackers otherwise...