Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bed Rest Again and Finally Bought Stuff

I'm on bed rest due to rather annoying lower backache. What started out as a painful giggle at the trapped nerve in my arse has now become a persistent back pain that had me a bit worried this morning. It didn't stop me from dragging my arse out of bed and going to work, but I spoke to the midwife when I was minutes away from the office and explained the pain (combined with irritable bladder) and she bollocked me for going to work. Nothing is showing in initial tests but my results will be back in the next few days. At least I know that I am NOT in labour although it turns out that I have been having Braxton Hicks. They monitored the bambino for twenty minutes by hooking us up to fetal monitor which also drew the movements. The bambino kicked from the moment they strapped up the bump to the moment they took it off. The midwife looked at the graph and said "Gosh your baby moves a LOT!" You're frigging telling me! She doesn't get woken up in early in the morning by her!



I have ordered the pushchair and carrycot which turns it into a pram (yay!), carseat and base, plus the baby carrier. Babies suck up money before they ever suck milk out of your nipple....

I brought a Quinny Buzz Pushchair with Dreami carrycot for £389 instead of £464 after a lot of time spent searching the crap out of the internet. I only managed to save £20 on the Maxi-Cosi carseat and Easybase but it's still better than forking out on the high street. Oh and I own a steriliser...jaysus!
The bambino is gathering together a lovely wardrobe which I must talk about in my next post. Today she was given the gift of cashmere by her uncle...
OK must go now as my boobs feel like they are on fire.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow look how stylish baby stuff is nowadays - properly pimped out gear! :-)

Sorry to hear you're having a shitty time with pain so I am sending you virtual white chocolate Oreos to make you feel better...

Anonymous said...

top choice on the quinny, I am thinking of getting the little quinny for a push around because my double phil and teds is sometimes a little too big, especially when I have 2 extra kids in the boot space (dont worry the do have real seats!!)
xx

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're buying stuff! have fun shopping!
(hot water bottles always help with any pain i have!)

Stephen A. Bess said...

Ooooh! The pain. I hope your feeling better by the time you read this. x :)